Visit Albania – Trip around Lake Ohrid
This excursion is excellent opportunity to visit two countries at same time – Macedonia and Albania, and to make trip around one of the oldest lakes in the world, Lake Ohrid. Albania was closed country during the regime of Enver Hoxha and nowadays is rapidly developing. You will be able to see the differences between the communist regime and modern Albania.
- The trip starts from the center of the city of Ohrid. There is option to pick you up from your hotel/villa with no extra charge. We will travel on the east side of the lake toward the border with Republic of Albania;
- After crossing the border our first stop will be at the ex-residence of the ex-president of Albania – Enver Hoxha; The residence is turned into restaurant nowadays so there is option for short coffee break.
- We will proceed towards the only Albanian city on the shores of Lake Ohrid – the city Pogradec. Short walking tour in Pogradec. Free time in the center.
- Continue toward Lin, driving on the west side of the lake. Lunch in a restaurant.
- Return back to Macedonia. We will make short stop in Struga – the second largest city on the shores of Lake Ohrid, to see the flow out of the lake and the creation of the river “Crn Drim”.
- Drive back to Ohrid. End of the trip in the city center.
All prices are in euros
10-12 hours (depending on the traffic and queues at the border)
08.00h from the city center
Hints and Tips:
Local currency in Albania is Lek. 1€ = 135 Lek (approximately). You can change euros in Albania into local currency. You can also buy some Lek in the exchange offices in Ohrid. Macedonian Denars and Euros are accepted as well in most restaurants and shops (small difference in the exchange rate may appear).
Availability: Running every Sunday “on freesale”; for other days available “on request”
Dates: Running every Sunday from May till September. For the other periods available on request.
The price includes:
- Transfer by car/mini bus
- English speaking tourist guide
The price does NOT include:
- Gratitude of any kind
Tour language: English
- Calncelation more then 3 days prior NO penalties
- Cancelation 2 days prior 50 % of the price
- Cancelation less than 2 days or in case of no show 100% of the price
Additional relevant information
Valid travel document (passport or ID) needed. No Visa requirement for EU members.
Minimum people for realization of this tour are needed. In case there are not enough pax for realization of the tour, the agency keeps the right to cancel the excursion max 2 days prior the date and in that case the cost will be 100% refund.
Are you ready to join us for a unique experience?
We are looking forward for your call !!!